Friday, May 9, 2014

Birthday Blessings...

Last Wednesday was my birthday and this year with Michael being so busy I tried to keep expectations low which actually was good for me!  I felt truly blessed and spoiled last week even in the craziness of Michael's exams as I had 3 different offers for people to watch my kids for me to have a break- all in one week!  And I went to the zoo with my kids and a friend and her kids on my birthday and she packed for me an amazing lunch with cupcakes and all- thanks Amy!  And Michael took me out to dinner on my birthday and then gave me an envelope of letters from friends with encouraging cards- just what I needed during a busy season- where my husband has been really busy!  I got to go on a walk with my dear college friend- Sarah B. and went to look for flowers with a sweet mentor friend- Becky V.  It was a special week!  Jeremiah got me for my birthday this little butterfly that I can put in the garden- he was excited about it all week- little did we know that this butterfly is special- it lights up in the dark!  It was a special birthday and I was in tears reading the notes and cards from so many of my dear friends- it really is amazing to see God at work in bringing such special people into my life!






 Michael's parents did a cookout for me one night last week and got me one of my favorite cakes- the cookie cake, the other one being the Dairy Queen Ice Cream cake!  Grandpa & Grandma brought the boys from Florida snakes- Jeremiah loves his- he named him "PIPE"- don't know where he got that name from- but it is a favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment