Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Persevering by God's Grace...

 This week we are again persevering by God's grace as Michael does his 2nd round of exams!  The intensity has not let up!  Michael is doing a great job persevering but he is tired and we are all tired.  Tomorrow- he will take the 2nd exam- Ugaritic!  Go honey go!  These exams are not for the weary or faint in heart and I can see my man working so hard for this goal and the Lord is giving him much grace and us much grace along the way.

All that to say- I have had my shares of struggles each week- this week Mother's Day was tough- tough because I was "on duty" for most of the day and tough because of course I knew he was busy but I expected some thanks- some appreciation from Jeremiah- what was I to think expecting a 3 year old to say- Happy Mother's Day! :)  It was a good reminder to me that as a mom we serve and should serve over and over expecting nothing in return and if we do get a thanks- that should be an added blessing!  Now- I get plenty of thanks from my hubby but sometimes don't you just want your kids to rise up and call you "blessed"-  I had a friend at church ask me that and I thought- well they definitely call me- but I don't think they call me blessed- yet but Lord willing, some day by God's grace! :)

We did make it to Winton Woods on Mother's Day to feed the ducks- so it was a good day.



No comments:

Post a Comment