Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Mom-Mom...

 My grandma (dad's mom)- Mom-Mom passed away Tuesday, February 2 into the arms of Jesus.  At one point, her and I were close- sharing with each other and encouraging one another.  The past few years, she slowly lost her memory forgetting me and many in her family.  This Christmas she had definitely gone down hill when we saw her- she never let her hair go white- she always colored it and she was slumping over and barely spoke to us.  The Lord finally took her home this past Tuesday.  Some things I remember about her- her love for flowers.  I remember going to her house and it was always beautiful with so many flowers.  I think I got my love for flowers and flower beds from her.  I remember going on long walks with her in the woods or on a forested path- she and I as well loved to walk!  And when we went to visit Pop-pop and Mom-mom they always served us yogurt and pretzels.  I remember her exercise bike she always had in her room.  And I remember how she worried and at times got discouraged and negative.  I don't think she ever was taught nor learned how to deal with these negative thoughts and emotions.  We are thankful she is now free from pain and sorrow in the presence of the King!


No comments:

Post a Comment