Tuesday, February 9, 2016

The Crazy Weekend...

This weekend, we went home to PA for my Grandmother's funeral.  Let me just the say- the weekend was crazy!  Josiah for the few days before we left was sick- deep congestion, fever and the day we traveled he refused to eat at all!  Thankfully I grabbed my pump before we left.  When we got there Friday night, we took  him into Urgent Care to assess his situation.  From there, they said we should go to the ER to be evaluated for RSV- needless to say, I was not too thrilled.  We spent a total of 2 1/2 hours in the ER- waiting to be called- saw a prisoner in chains and many other thrilling sights.  I was literally pacing with Josiah asleep on my shoulder.  When we finally got called back- they checked him out and his breathing had gotten better and after evaluating him- sent him home. We got home at midnight- by 7am- Jeremiah had thrown up all over his bed and I spent the morning with him on the couch.  After nap, Lydia threw up.  We were supposed to be celebrating Jeremiah's birthday- but instead we stayed home to lay low.  The funeral was Sunday and we were beginning to wonder if we would make it to the funeral.  Thankfully a sweet couple the Engles- friends from Cincinnati that moved to PA 30 minutes from my parents came through for us again!  Sandy offered to watch the kids for us Sunday so Michael and I could go to the funeral.  We were thrilled and humbled by their offer.  I told Sandy that the kids had been throwing up all day and in true servant form- Sandy responded- "I am not scared of a little throw up."  Wow!  We were amazed!  This couple just truly reminded me this weekend of what faithful, humble servants they are of the Living God!  So now the kids have had fevers and coughs since Saturday after the stomach bug.  We drove home Monday very tired but praising the Lord for how he worked in a very crazy weekend!  So today after taking Jeremiah sledding for 30 minutes- I did take an hour nap- I am still so tired!
Jeremiah setting up his Lego Garbage truck with Landon- the Engles grandson!



Some evidences of grace:
*  People praying for us and the trip to the ER
*  Because Michael's dad sent out a prayer request about Josiah- the Engles emailed and offered to watch the kids on Sunday which was a huge blessing!
*  Being able to go to the funeral!
*  Not getting sick for any of the drives and beating the snow on the way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment