Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentines Day & Sweet Gifts!

 Tuesday, we celebrated Valentine's Day by having a quiet evening at home.  Michael had class until 6pm, so I made a nice dinner for us and then Jeremiah & I made a Gluten Free Apricot Lemon Bundt Cake.  This was a favorite dessert of Michael's but he had not had it in a long while.  It took me a while to try to find a recipe for lemon pound cake to make from scrap.  Michael got me a yummy chocolate chip cookie cake.  :)  I found this heart in Jeremiah's closet.  My best friend Sara Fillmann used to pass a heart like this around with her mom.  They would stick in each other's things.  I thought that was such a cute idea so I got one for Michael when we first got married and it shows up in the funnest places though lately it had been in Jeremiah's closet.  :) 


 Also for Jeremiah's birthday, he has received many sweet gifts but we wanted to highlight a few.  All the way from South Asia, Jeremiah received a book which I know he will love from Jude Dawkins- Mr. Brown Can Moo Can You?  Definately a boy  book with all kinds of fun sounds.  He also received from Jack Samad, Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs!  These were such thoughtful gifts from cute little boy friends. 

 Jeremiah also received from Aunt Laura a very cute vest and pants that she made by hand!  She did a great job and it fits perfectly!  Aunt Beka got him a Little People's Airplane- perfect for getting him ready for our big airplane adventures this summer!  There were so many other sweet gifts, but these are a few of his favorite things! 






No comments:

Post a Comment