Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Clearing the Land...

Last Friday, Ben, Laura and I worked all afternoon clearing our little plot of land in the back.  I spent the morning chopping down branches and piling them up.  Then in the afternoon we chipped and we chipped all that wood down to fine pieces.  I am realizing how quickly honeysuckle bushes can overtake an area.  Needless to say, after all that hard work- we were so tired.  I think it took my body the whole weekend to recover.  :)  Thankfully after a little more work, Jeremiah will some day have a little back yard to explore and play in and we may even put in a sandbox or kiddy pool.  I love to clear the land!!!
This is the mound of brush to be cleared in the back- minus the deer

Finally a yard!
Jeremiah wanted to help- but he had to sit on the sidelines. 



2 comments:

  1. Wow! I haven't seen that fence in a while... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, you are amazing! Jeremiah will have the best place to play after all of your work.
    PS, I know you have been trying out Cincinnati parks. Have you been to Farbach Warner-maybe spelling it wrong. It is right across from Target on Colerain Ave. It is a naturey kind of park. Lots of walking, you can see turtles and other cool creatures. My kids always loved the bamboo.

    ReplyDelete