Monday, June 25, 2012

The Longest Day...

Jeremiah and I made it back safe and sound on to American soil.  All I can say is that yesterday was the longest day of my life but God was so faithful.  We woke up at 4am after a pretty restless night for me to head to Tel-Aviv.  Jeremiah and I only had a few meltdowns all day. :)  We waited about 5 hours in the airport before our flight, thankfully we found a play area in the airport, and we rode the moving walkway and then looked at planes. By the time we got on the plane, Jeremiah was so tired he passed out in my arms during take off.  A kind steward gave me a whole bottle of water for the flight. I also met many kind grandma ladies that "adopted" Jeremiah.  There were a few men and ladies on the flight that offered to hold Jeremiah for me.  I sat next to a sweet Jewish couple from Haifa that loved Jeremiah.  They passed him down the aisle on many occasions to help me out.  Everyone mentioned how well Jeremiah did on the flight.  I also met many other families and there were lots of kids on the flight.  He took a nap on takeoff, in the middle of the flight and during landing.  And the rest of the 11 hour and 15 minute flight- we looked at books, ate lunch and dinner.  We walked the aisles a lot and went and looked out the window.  We played with toys and looked at cartoons.  The day did just seem so long and halfway through the flight- I began to feel sick and was running to the bathroom with Jeremiah a lot.  Last night when my parents picked us up- we both were so exhausted- I couldn't wait to get in bed last night and thankfully Jeremiah and I slept great.  I am still recovering some today- I did end up getting sick in the car on the way back last night and this morning just felt very weak and like a truck hit me.  Literally the last hour of the flight, I was praying for grace as I felt so exhausted and felt like I was going to be sick, but praise the Lord he sustained us and gave us strength!  Keep praying for us that we would get adjusted to life back in the states while daddy is in Israel and that I would soon feel better.  Thankfully all is well when you are with Grandma and Aunt Rachel!








1 comment:

  1. Erin! Welcome back! I'm glad you guys made it back safely. :) Sorry about the upset stomach. That made me think of when I got sick on the plane in first class. So much "fun," right? Hope you are able to get some rest, feel better, and get readjusted quickly!!

    ReplyDelete