Thursday, August 2, 2012

Family Day

A few weeks ago now we took Jeremiah on a Friday morning to the Children's Museum in Cincinnati.  We are trying to enjoy this time before Michael begins the rigors of school again.  And we are trying to have family days here and there. 





On another note, the boy has been quite the sickie today.  He threw up this morning and has had a fever all day.  I find for myself it is so hard for me to handle the unexpectedness of sickness.  On one side, I love the extra cuddle time- a very busy boy actually sits in my lap and wants to rock and rest his head on my shoulder which has not happened since babyhood.  Yet, on the other side- I find that I get disappointed and frustrated as I deal with a cranky baby and realize that MY plans and MY expectations for the day have been interrupted and must be put aside.  It is a good check for me of what I value in my heart.  And it is good for me to learn ever so slowly to loosen the grasp of MY plans of my ways and my day and give myself to a little man who really just wants his Mama to rock him, watch Veggie Tales with him and read stories to him all day.  I should know that these needy, tiring little years will soon be past and he will be all grown up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment