Friday, August 31, 2012

Our Wise God!

It has been a whirlwind of a week here!  We enjoyed spending the week with my family- more pictures to come.  Michael has started his last year of "coursework"- meaning his last year of official classes he has to sit in and be prepared for- still a long way to go from the degree.  Amidst the business these next few weeks bring as Michael is in meetings at church, trying to work two different job, go to school, teach a class on Job for Sunday School and write a paper for the church on women in ministry- we are praying for the Lord to give us grace and strength! 

I have also been reminded this week of the shortness of life and the need for prayer and leaning on the Lord!  Michael's grandfather is in a hospital in Cincinnati dying and we have been trying to visit him every day.  And we found out this week a sweet friend's little 2 1/2 year old daughter was diagnosed with cancer.  There are some days we are reminded of the frailty of life and not knowing what each day will hold!  As I have been struggling some this week thinking about my friend and how she is doing and thinking as a mom how I would react- I am reminded from my husband's teaching on Job- that man cannot question the wisdom of God!  It is God alone who is all wise!  He alone is loving and good and knows what is best for His children!  He is a refuge and strength for those who Trust in Him!  I am reminded that we are dependent creatures- not meant to live this life on our own- we need our Creator and Sustainer- every hour! 

No comments:

Post a Comment