Friday, October 5, 2012

20 Weeks Already...

 On Wednesday morning we had an ultrasound to see how the little wee babe is doing.  The Lord was reminding me over and over again to TRUST HIM as I have been preparing to lead a Bible Study on Anxiety this week and I found myself very anxious the morning of the ultrasound!  My mind can so quickly go to "what ifs" and thinking negative thoughts instead of hoping in God!  We took Jeremiah with us and he was a very good boy while we waited.  I have to admit I sure have missed Dr. Grim and his staff- he has a wonderful ultrasound tech lady.  This lady at Good Sam was good but not too excitable!  Michael and I both said we were glad it was good news as we would not have wanted to receive bad news from her!  :)  Everything looks great with the wee babe and the baby is right where it should be.  I have to say, I am amazed that they can tell anything from those ultrasounds as I never know what I am looking at except when I see the side shot.  The ultrasound was a little inconclusive but after asking her a few times- she thinks we are having a GIRL.  We both left the ultrasound a little shocked but also cautiously saying we think maybe a girl.  So that is the conclusion of the ultrasound but more importantly, we praise God that the Lord is giving us a healthy babe.  Daddy held Jeremiah the whole time and he kept waving to me on the table- it was cute.  I had Michael's mom and grandma and Ben & Laura & Jonathan for dinner last night and we made Gluten Free PB cake cupcakes and tried my hand at caramel frosting.  So they did not turn out that well but we attempted to put red icing in the middle- at least they tasted pretty good. :)   

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Everyone I know is having a boy - glad you guys are mixing it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well....I think the cupcakes look AMAZING!!! :) I'm happy for you and Michael. No matter what the gender - glad to hear things are looking good so far! ;)

    ReplyDelete