Monday, October 8, 2012

Our Anniversary

 On our 7th anniversary this year (2 weeks ago- so I am a little late), we celebrated by taking little Jeremiah to First Watch- one of our favorite brunch/lunch places!  Jeremiah had a cold so we didn't want to leave him with his cousin.  Michael had a meeting at church that night and J and I hung out together!  Michael and I were able to go to Skyline and a Reds game Tuesday night- much thanks to the babysitting generosity of Mark & Becky V!!!  I think one of the biggest gifts you can give young couples is to watch their kids so they can get out and go on a date or get together with friends!  :)  I pray that when my children are grown and gone out of the house, that I would be intentional at investing in these young moms and watching their kids! 

 The following weekend, we did try to get away for a night and were so thankful for the time away as this year it seemed particularly hard to get away with Michael's busy work/school/church schedule!  Thanks to Dad & Mom Lyons for taking care of the little guy!  On Saturday we found a beautiful park to hike in though I was not up to my usual hiking self.  The park had a beautiful lake as well!


 We also went to the Lebanon Apple Festival and met Mark & Meredith I. for dinner.  It was so refreshing to meet up with some great friends!  And of course, Meredith is always so good at baking and making creative treats- she brought me this little chocolate kiss acorns and they were soooo cute- I intend to make them soon!  All she used was hershey kisses, little nutter butter rounds and a hershey kiss on top- super cute and they really did look like acorns! 


No comments:

Post a Comment