Friday, March 22, 2013

His Grace is Sufficient...

This week, I have entered a new realm- I have hit the stage of exhaustion.  It is the combination of Jeremiah having a cold and being extra fussy, me having a cold this week, Lydia having a growth spurt and eating more and me literally laying awake at night at times so tired and yet unable to sleep.  I remember with Jeremiah having times where I could not go to sleep and was so discouraged by it as you are so tired.  Yesterday, I pleaded with Michael to come home and work on his sermon during naptime so I could be guaranteed that I could rest- feeling like I could not make it through the day with my active toddler & little newborn.  So I could use lots of prayer this week that the Lord would continue to give me grace and strength.  Michael is preparing to preach on Sunday for the first time at our church, ECC and I am wondering if this is Satan attacking our family this week with lots of demands on us. 
As I laid on the couch this afternoon, the Lord brought to my mind Paul-
2 Corinthians 12:8-10- Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.  
I think this season of weakenss and tiredness I pray is bringing about a greater dependence on the LOrd as I can't do this myself- I need His strength and grace!  We would greatly appreciate the Body of Christ's prayers as well!
I have my days that I just want to cry too.  :) 

1 comment: