Thursday, March 28, 2013

Holy Week!

I love Easter- one of the best holidays of the year in thinking about the Death & Resurrection of Christ!  With a new babe in tow and it being so early this year, I feel a little unorganized with doing meaningful things with my family!  I have a lot of ideas of what I would like to do- but I may have to lay them aside this year.  One of the things I am so thankful for is sweet friends from different seasons of my life who are so intentional with their families in doing activities that point us to Christ and how neat that we can share ideas with one another.  We have been doing our Resurrection Eggs and hiding them each night and talking about the little symbol of Christ's death that is inside.  We also have been doing a similar thing with putting different symbols throughout the OT on a mountain that is mounted on our fridge as events throughout the OT leading up to the death of Christ!  This weekend I am may see if we can make Easter cookies as well- but with my family coming out for Easter- it may get a little crazy.  I would love to make a lamb cake for Easter morning but I don't see that happening this year.  I am also desperately trying during this busy and tiring few weeks to keep my mind focused on the cross!  I love reading John Piper's 50 Reasons Why Christ Died Book!  It is so encouraging and easy to read in short segments while I nurse Lydia in the morning.  One of my most favorite songs this year that has lifted my heart and affections for the Risen Christ is Keith & Kristyn Getty's "Christ is Risen.  He is Risen Indeed."  I am looking forward to this weekend and the rest of this week contemplating the amazing work of Christ on the cross for our redemption!

These are pictures of last Saturday at our church's Easter egg hunt.  Jeremiah was our little hunter. 





Ok this is me doing an Easter egg toss and yes it is a raw egg- yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment