Sunday, May 19, 2013

Learning to Serve!

This weekend I am learning to serve!  We had a wonderful getaway as a family to the "Springs"- pictures to come- but on one of our walks- Michael carried Jeremiah on his shoulders (bad idea) and the kid started jumping up and down- injuring his back.  Then Sat. night, Michael twisted the wrong way to pick up some grocery bags and hurt it more.  Today he is flat on his back- hardly able to get up and move.  After soloing it for 3 days this week, this is not what the rest of my week was "supposed" to look like.  Last night- I was running around trying to get Michael dinner and get him drinks and anything he needed, while also trying to keep Jeremiah from literally jumping on Michael while he lay on the couch.  And trying to calm and feed a screaming baby.  The Lord is teaching me to serve my family in a new way this weekend.  I am afraid it is also revealing my selfishness at times, as I want to sit and relax and instead I must give still more.  And so my constant prayer is that God would give me grace to serve my family with joy- especially this week as Michael is going to need more of my help and will not be able to help me as much.  And pray for Michael that God would heal his back and he would be able to function a little more this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment