Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Season of Blessing...

Thankfully, the Lord is giving me new grace and mercy this week to face the challenges He has put before me for this new week.  He is lifting my eyes to Him and I am so thankful!  I want to remember this season- even though the next few weeks will be challenging and tough- I am praying the Lord will keep lifting my gaze to Him!

This week, I saw God's grace through the love and support of many friends and my sweet husband reminding me of gospel truth!  I am realizing that I need to allow myself to be served in this season.  My dear sister-in-law Laura, after knowing my back was hurting, offered to come up yesterday giving up her nap time (precious time) and clean my bathroom!  At first- I wanted to say "no" and then thought- I need to let her serve me and she did MUCH better than I could ever do.  Many friends have called and prayed with me over the phone which has been deeply encouraging!  Today- I walked with a friend who I consider my mentor- a Godly woman who has raised her children well and fought the fight of faith.  She bought me a pass to the Rec Center so we can walk there with the kids this year- so sweet.  Little blessings- but more than that so thankful for her gospel reminders to fight the fight of faith when my own faith feels weak!  And so friends- keep them coming.  I need these gospel reminders to fight the fight of faith!  It is war- each day to think upon the truth of the gospel and trust Him for each new day! 

I have been challenged this year to keep a "Blessing Jar"- well mine might more look like a journal.  When we got married, I wrote down "Memoirs of the Faithfulness of God" and then somehow since Lydia was born- 2 years ago- I stopped writing in it.  How amazing to look back over our last 9 years of marriage, in seminary- very poor and newly married to when we first had Jeremiah and moved to Cincinnati.  It is amazing to see the goodness and blessing of God in ways we did not deserve!  And so I pulled it back out and am writing in it again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment