Friday, January 23, 2015

True Beauty...

Since the Fall, I have been organizing a once a month book study for the youth girls in our church!  I am reminded how fun it is to be with youth girls!  They have so much fun, energy and laughter!  We are going through the book- True Beauty- by Carolyn Mahaney and Nicole Whitacre.  It has been a great book for me to read- especially this week as we talked about Beauty and Our Creator and as we talked about Beauty and Our Hearts!  And what a timely season to do this book even as I feel so much bigger this far a long in the pregnancy!  She states that "true beauty is to behold and reflect the beauty of God."  And it was so good to think about the character of God and how we must focus on His beauty and not ourselves.  She explains that when we try to get attention for ourselves or our own beauty- we are "glory thieves."  We are not giving God glory which is why we were created.  It is like we are at an art show and instead of focusing on God- the main attraction- we are jumping up and down trying to have people look at us- or moping in the corner because people are not looking at us.  Such good questions to ask ourselves- whose glory are we seeking?  How pleased or displeased do we become if God is praised while we are not and if we are praised while God is not. 

Psalm 27:4- "One thing I have asked of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in His temple."
Psalm 29:2- "Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name; worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness."  

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you do this Bible Study! It's really fun- I enjoy going! :)
    Grace

    ReplyDelete