Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The new year...

We came back from Christmas to find me struggling with discouragement as we begin this new year.  I feel like Satan is attacking me and I am struggling with doubt and perseverance in this leg of the pregnancy.  That coupled with the month of January- being so cold (lack of sun) and being isolated from friends that have sick families or whatever- I am struggling to fight for faith this week more than I have in a long time.  My dear hubby reminded me that it is a good reminder to me that I need to depend on Him as we begin this new year!  My hope and help needs to come from the Lord- not from myself.  I received a book at Christmas called Mom Enough- The Fearless Mother's Heart and Hope, and opened to the chapter on A Pregnant Woman's Defense Against the Schemes of the Devil.  It was just what I needed.  "A pregnant woman's endurance is based on "the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might." (Eph. 1:19)... We can do all things through Christ who strengthens you, when you ground your faith in God's sovereign goodness as the basis for your contentment... In the weakness of your back pain, and in the vulnerability of your nausea, remember your hope of salvation in Christ.  Rely on Scripture, your offensive weapon against the enemy.  Don't just not believe the lies of the devil, but speak God's truth to yourself.  Don't just not dwell on your bloated appearance and spider veins, but talk to yourself of the beauty of Christ's sacrificial love and how he have hos body up for us all.  Delight in God's grace as you let your body serve the life of another."

No comments:

Post a Comment