Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Decision...

It has been a long few weeks in the Lyons' household as we have sought to make, for our family, a hard decision.  After praying, talking to friends and family and praying some more and talking together and basically Michael making the decision for our family- we have decided to go to Israel this summer with Jeremiah.  So we will be heading off around June 4th to go to Israel for 3 weeks, mainly staying in Jerusalem and traveling some around that area.  We will be touring with Hebrew Union Jerusalem elite faculty and staff and apparently seeing things most people may not see.  We don't know quite where we will be staying- possibly subleasing an apartment belonging to Hebrew Union Jerusalem.  After the 3 weeks, Jeremiah and I will head home (will need prayer support for this flight) and I will go to my parents for a week and then home for 2 weeks while Michael goes on a dig for 3 weeks.  We are excited to have made the decision but praying the Lord will give us grace as there will be a lot of stretching going on this summer (especially for me as I come home and stay 3 weeks with the little dude.)  But we are confident the Lord will stretch and grow us and give us grace and we feel this is a once in a lifetime opportunity esp. for Michael to further his studies. 

On another note, I am trying to start weaning of the little guy.  Right now we are in sippy cup boot camp.  Day #2 has not gone so well- he refused to learn how to suck the cup- he just chews on it.  I have given him breastmilk in the cup, juice, you name it.  As soon as I give it to him in a bottle, he takes it-crazy kid.  I have a feeling this little picky eater will give me a run for my money- I am already planning on him not being too good a the switch from breast milk to whole milk  Let the training begin...

2 comments:

  1. Been praying for this - so glad the Lord gave you all wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we will continue to pray for you guys!! Is. 41:10 Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God! I will strengthen you, surely I will help you with my righteous right hand!![NASB] dad

    ReplyDelete