Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Lyons Christmas 2013

Since I am still updating Christmas posts...  We celebrated our Lyons Christmas gathering after we got back from PA on New Year's Day this year.  It was a fun time together though personally it got a little chaotic for me with all the paper and ribbons and kids grabbing toys and wanting to play with things right now.  I struggled through the evening with being upset at my ungrateful son and feeling like the present opening was a little chaotic.  I can see why some families allow kids to open gifts at a separate time and open adult presents at another time- I am liking that idea more and more.  This Christmas we tried to teach Jeremiah the importance of thanks but honestly, I saw more of a greedy heart than I would like to see.  Here's to hoping his birthday in a few weeks will go a little better.






No comments:

Post a Comment