Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Randoms Happenings...

A few fairly random happenings in our world this week...

1. Lydia has been liking Avocado- I found one for 59 cents at Aldi last week and Lydia and I have both been enjoying some avocado. We are thankful this little girl eats anything!

2. Unlike Lydia, Jeremiah will not eat anything. We have been battling his stubborn heart over for many days now- it is tiring. And my husband is mainly the one battling- but it is tiring watching him. Saturday night was supposed to be pizza and family night. Jeremiah was going to watch a short movie with daddy and have popcorn- real bonding time but the boy sat for 2 hours and did not each his pizza. Needless to say- the night was not real memorable- at least in a good way. The other night after sitting at the table all night, he ate his dinner for breakfast the next morning and as he ate it exclaimed- I obey mommy. The funny part is usually he will sit at the table and sing hymns and all kinds of songs- "Children obey your parents in the Lord" at the dinner table while not eating. Oh my!

3. I am feeling the January blahs. The post- holiday excitement and time with family and friends- to cold, sunless days and isolation. At least that is how they feel. Today there was sun- I took the kids on 2 walks and sat outside during nap time to try to soak in the Vitamin D that I am so desperately lacking. :) I realize on these days that I love to be outside- I hate being confined to indoors and I love the sun! These winter months are a battle for me- a battle in my mind and a reminder that it is a daily battle to think upon Truth and not allow my mind wander toward loneliness and despair. My prayer for this coming 2014 year is that I would have joy each day in the daily tasks the Lord has given me to do. This year- I am praying for joy!

4. As a mother of young kids- I often feel like my mind is mush. I feel like I am dealing with the physical needs of my kids and correcting behavior and I often feel like I don't think about much at all of substance. Michael and I have been enjoying this year listening to the Radio Theatre Chronicles of Narnia- it has been rich for mind to feast on during nap time or while I am cleaning! We just finished "The Last Battle" and I love how the book pictures death and how they see Aslan- as My Heart's Desire! Such richness!

5. I am beginning a study of Colossians through a Sunday School class and I am hoping to spend some time these next few months meditating on this rich book and even hopefully beginning to memorize this book! I love when people spur me on and encourage me in the faith and a dear sister's Christmas letter did just that when she shared how she was trying to memorize the book of Colossians. I need that encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment